Download

Recent Posts

9 de noviembre de 2007

On viernes, noviembre 09, 2007 by GeNeRaCiOn AsErE in    8 comments

Who or What do you think God is?


In the shocking, yet genuine words of Nietzsche’s Zarathustra, “Dead are all the Gods.” A simple and poetic way of saying the myth is exposed, and the fact has long since vanished. In my opinion, God is the greatest metaphor ever created in the long history of humanity, the ultimate idealization of the great unknown.

I emphasize the word “metaphor” because I believe it is the key to understanding any religious symbol. I think God is a “metaphor”, rather than a “fact” that presides somewhere out there in existence. Most of our occidental beliefs are based on scriptures that have been institutionalized, making the idea of the Judeo-Christian interpretation of God as this all-powerful, supernatural being rather ubiquitous. Therefore, it’s often difficult for someone to get past an inherited formula, which one must hold sacred, and break through to a higher understanding. When someone asks me if I believe in God or not, my honest response is that I simply do not understand the meaning of that question. - - The arrogance of that question irritates me in such a way, I feel I’m being told to believe in God or be considered a dreadful atheist. By definition, I guess that would make me an atheist, but why should one have to submit to that foolish dichotomy. A dichotomy based on one particular definition of religious life and what the mystery of the universe could be.

I’ve always prided myself on having my own spiritual ideas, which are not always confined to the idea of just a “God”. What poetry does best is communicate feelings and ideas without holding you to them. - - They are simply there to be speculated, felt and absorbed so that an individual could spark his own creative energies and come up with their own ideas and conclusions. God is a wonderful bit of poetry! The best way to find him, is to look deep inside yourself and in the vogue of Joseph Campbell, find your own path.

“The way to become Human is to recognize the lineaments of God in all the wonderful modulations of the face of man.”

- - Joseph Campbell (The Hero with a Thousand Faces)

GeNeRaCiOn AsErE/DD (Danny del Mazo)

8 comments:

Arimarfilia dijo...

danny, desgraciadamente Dios para mi, es un tipo que anda muy lejos.

saludos, ari

Anónimo dijo...

danny yo llevo a Dios siempre conmigo, en mi cartera.
:)

Yvette dijo...

Ja, chicas estamos en las mismas. Danny ha hecho la pregunta de los mil millones.
Yo digo que hay que ver para creer y espero que esto no suene superficial. Tengo muchas dudas y hasta ahora nadie me convence.
Somos muy espirituales, pero Dios?... eh... quien?

GeNeRaCiOn AsErE dijo...

Danny, you are so close to us...

Albert

GeNeRaCiOn AsErE dijo...

We create God in our own image, mine looks a lot like a darkened theatre, where I hope to show my first, major film someday.

Thanks you guys!
Danny

GeNeRaCiOn AsErE dijo...

Danny, con EL me pasa algo raro... y la cosa es que en lugar de luces veo oscuridad, nebuloso...

1800jesuschrist dijo...

No os desesperéis, llámenme sin costo alguno, es fácil.
Con paz, Jesús...

GeNeRaCiOn AsErE dijo...

pues, para mi Dios, es importante y bueno tenerlo ahí contigo.

maylin